Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oats
It was really nice to have been able to throw this all together yesterday. I was able to wake up this morning, workout and then just warm up individual portions. It was perfect! Here’s to meal planning!
- 10 T almond butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 T maple syrup (Grade B)
- 1 1/4 C canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 2/3 C vanilla almond milk (I use Silk)
- 1 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 9 T chocolate chips
- 6 T vanilla protein powder (I use plant fusion Vegan vanilla bean)
- Combine almond butter, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Microwave for 20 -30 seconds and stir until well blended.
- Add pumpkin, milk and oats.
- Stir well and make sure almond butter is mashed thoroughly. I used chunky and that was not a hit with my texture sensitive son. I will use creamy almond butter next time! He liked the flavor just not the crunch!
- Add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt and vanilla protein powder. Stir well and then mix in chocolate chips
- You can then place in single size mason jars and seal tightly. I kept all the servings together simply because I didn’t have individual small jars.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Warm them up in the morning or eat them cold. You can transfer the oats to a small crock pot to warm up slowly. Or slowly heat your servings up in a sauce pan or if you are really short on time, the microwave will work in a pinch.
- Garnish with a few chocolate chips or a cinnamon stick.
Oats can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Thanks to chelseasmessyapron.com for the inspiration on this recipe.