LENTIL LIME SALAD
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 5-10 minutes Cook Time: approx. 15 minutes
- 4 cups cooked green lentils
- 2 cups grated raw carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 tsp. sesame oil (or more, to taste)
- 8 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (or more, to taste)
- Bragg Liquid Aminos or Himalayan salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin (or more, to taste)
- Herbal seasoning (to taste; optional)
- Cook lentils until tender, but don’t overcook. (Or use low-sodium canned lentils.)
- Add carrots and stir.
- Stir oil, lime juice, salt, and spices together in a small bowl, then gently stir into the lentil mixture.
- Let sit, covered, in refrigerator for two hours.
- Adjust seasonings if needed. Even better the next day!